NFL Notes: Eagles, Patriots, Steelers, Titans
Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com writes that the latest contract extension given out to WR Alshon Jeffery (NFLTR) will result in some offseason cuts for the Eagles.
- According to Shorr-Parks, the gamers value keeping track of for Philadelphia as potential cap casualties embrace DE Vinny Curry, LT Jason Peters, QB Nick Foles, LB Mychal Kendricks, WR Torrey Smith and TE Brent Celek.
- Of this group, Shorr Parks says it could be “surprising” to see Smith or Celek again subsequent 12 months, because the Eagles might choose up $9 million by releasing them.
- Foles looks as if an apparent candidate, contemplating that he’ll carry a $7.6 million cap hit in 2018. However, Shorr-Parks factors out that Philadelphia would solely choose up $2 million by releasing him, which might result in the staff making him obtainable for commerce.
- The New England Patriots formally downgrade DE Trey Flowers (rib) and LB Trevor Reilly (concussion) to out for Week 13’s recreation towards the Bills.
- Cameron Wolfe of ESPN writes that the Titans’ offensive scheme is designed to guard QB Marcus Mariota “to an extent.”
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey admitted earlier this week that there’s a restrict to the variety of run-pass choices and read-option performs they have each week so as to defend Mariota from extreme hits.
- Wolfe factors out that that is additionally why DeMarco Murray continues to see a stable variety of snaps, attributable to him being a superior pass-protector than Derrick Henry.