NFL Notes: 49ers, Browns, Cardinals, Seahawks
Former 49ers TE Delanie Walker mentioned that Jim Harbaugh was making an attempt to do no matter he might to get the crew to re-sign him a number of years in the past. However, former GM Trent Baalke seemingly did no agree with Harbaugh on bringing Walker again.
“Jim Harbaugh was trying to do basically everything in his power to get the deal done for me to stay,” Walker mentioned, through Cam Inman of the Mercury News. “I don’t assume the overall supervisor (Trent Baalke) seen the identical image as Jim Harbaugh.at the moment.
“I noticed it was time for me to go some other place and present all people how good I may very well be on the No. 1 spot, and that’s what I’ve been doing thus far.”
New Browns GM John Dorsey tells Peter King of TheMMQB.com that he has scouted Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield six instances this yr and believes he’s a superb quarterback prospect, regardless of the issues about his peak.
“I need to have the ability to mission and articulate my opinion when the time comes and it issues,” Dorsey mentioned. “I saw [Mayfield] at Kansas this year, in the OU-Kansas game. You’re darn right he’s a good quarterback, no matter how tall he is. Some would say he’s too short, but I would ask you: How tall is Russell Wilson? How tall is Chase Daniel?”
- According to Browns HC Hue Jackson, veteran WR Kenny Britt didn’t ask to be launched by the crew: “I can make clear that for certain.” (Nate Ulrich)
- Jackson mentioned of rookie QB DeShone Kizer: “We haven’t seen the completed product but. He’s acquired to get to it as quick as he can.” (Nate Ulrich)
- Jackson added he likes Kizer’s perspective about realizing there shall be one other quarterback right here subsequent yr and pushing to show he ought to be the man for the Browns transferring ahead. (Nate Ulrich)
- Jackson talked about that rookie S Jabrill Peppers (knee) was capable of make it by follow on Wednesday. (Nate Ulrich)
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians mentioned Wednesday that he has “no thought” if RB Adrian Peterson (neck) will play once more this season. (Adam Schefter)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned that RB Chris Carson (leg, injured reserve) is again working once more and the setback he lately suffered wasn’t important. However, it’s going to probably push his progress every week or so. (Curtis Crabtree)
- In regards to LBs Bobby Wagner and Ok.J. Wright, Carroll mentioned he doesn’t know if they’ll play in Week 15, however Wagner is “upbeat.” (Bob Condotta)
- According to Carroll, Ok Blair Walsh is “our guy” and so they plan to face by him. (Bob Condotta)