NFC Notes: Bears, Giants, Packers, Vikings
1 min in the past
Bears, Giants, Packers, Vikings
Friday morning, a report surfaced that the Packers elected to waive TE Martellus Bennett due to a torn rotator cuff (NFLTR).
Packers HC Mike McCarthy wouldn’t get into specifics as to why they elected to maneuver on from Bennett, however he confirmed that they mentioned him present process surgical procedure earlier within the week.
“I’m not going to get into the Patriots claiming Marty, I’ll simply reiterate what I stated yesterday: I simply know what the information are and the way the timeline took place,” McCarthy stated, by way of ESPN.com. “I talked to him Tuesday [following the bye week] after observe and he a shoulder concern damage. I suggested him to get the second opinions. He did that and he went to a lot of them. The final medical dialog I used to be concerned with with reference to Marty, they have been speaking about scheduling surgical procedure. After that, then you have got the termination after which the declare. I actually don’t have any feedback on that. I’ve answered the query for the final time, respectfully.”
- Mike Reiss of ESPN studies that Bennett was current for the Patriots’ Friday observe, which means he handed a bodily for the crew.
- David Chao writes that will probably be tough for the Packers to show that Bennett was injured earlier than they signed him to a contract.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer introduced Friday that DE Everson Griffen is questionable for Week 10, however the expectation is that he’ll play in opposition to the Redskins.
- The Vikings dominated out RT Mike Remmers with a concussion.
- As for WR Stefon Diggs, he had a root canal this week however he ought to be accessible to play.