Why the Lowdown on Blockchain?
Because each week articles seem throughout the web explaining blockchain…
Because headlines remind us that, everywhere in the globe, shoppers and enterprise individuals don’t perceive blockchain…
Because blockchain is just not bitcoin, it’s the opposite approach round…
And as a result of of my very own repeated lack of ability to understand blockchain, my steered choose of the week is a report I’ve positioned in Research & Trends entitled, Capitalizing on Blockchain in Insurance. In addition to printing and highlighting its content material, I then e-circulated it to others in my similar predicament.
Here’s the Lowdown:
Page 2: A primary definition of blockchain and the place the expertise is most helpful~
- anyplace a 3rd social gathering must be concerned to finish a transaction
- the place knowledge have to be shared amongst a number of events
- when extremely delicate or confidential knowledge is concerned
- the place transaction or frictional prices are excessive
- when transparency is paramount
Page three: Advantages of blockchain ~
- shared ledger
- good contracts
Pages Four-5: Uses pertaining to insurance coverage with an in information graphic illustrating disruption of the present worth chain.
Page 10: The key takeaways ~
- blockchain might be an integral a part of the way forward for insurance coverage
- belief within the expertise is a should
- carriers ought to use an iterative, agile method to implementation and execution, much like software program improvement
Page 13: BONUS ~ glossary containing 27 phrases you’ll by no means misuse once more.
Page 18: An inventory of 23 corporations presently ‘capitalizing’ on blockchain in insurance coverage.
In closing, I like to recommend Brian Kelley’s report, Capitalizing on Blockchain in Insurance, as an excellent introduction to the expertise because it applies to this trade. The bibliography references numerous experiences and movies for a deeper dive, in case you are so compelled!
Reports are added to Research & Trends on a regular basis. Check in repeatedly or join our e-newsletter, delivered each Friday to your e-mail!
Interested in Insurance Tech?
Get computerized alerts for this subject.